Monday, October 15, 2007

A few updates...

Just wanted to post a few updates. Kaylin and Annlee went off to school this morning in matching dresses! (The hot pink ones you gave them, Lindsey!) So maybe our matching days are not over yet! I'm glad. It's so much fun to dress them up! Plus, I've already got my eye on some matching dresses for next Easter - so I need them to humor me for a bit longer still.
Also, Maryella has done pretty well without her paci. She goes down for her naps and at bedtime without a problem. We really only had two nights that she protested. She doesn't even notice that she doesn't have them when she's awake. She even stayed in the nursery at church yesterday and made it through 2 dirty diapers without having her paci! I was proud of her. However, she does still wake up during the night and I think she misses it then. At first it was really awful. She would scream and scream. For the past several nights though, she has either slept through or just kind of fussed for a while when she wakes. No more blood curdling screams. I'm sure the neighbors are appreciative.
And just one more thing. Kaylin has picked up a couple new expressions at school (at least that's where I'm guessing it's from). We were eating the other night and she was so excited about all the mushrooms that were in her stir fry. She exclaimed, "oh sweet lovings!" And then when she dropped one on the floor, she said, "oh darn nuggets." I told her that one would be ok to say, as long as she dropped the darn. It was so funny when she said those things, though, I just had to laugh. I'm sure everything she learns at school won't be so funny...

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Don't you just love the stuff they pick up at school?