Sunday, April 13, 2008

First Field Trip!

Kaylin's kindergarden class took their first field trip on Friday to the Jacksonville Zoo. Kaylin was so very excited, but mostly about getting to ride on a school bus! We got on and she kept saying how much fun it was to ride without a carseat, haha. I went along as a chaperone and we had one other little girl in our group, Jordan. We stuck with another group through out the day, Kaylin's friend, Carson, and his mom and another little boy named Daniel. We didn't really see lots of animals, but the kids had fun running around and playing at the Kid's Play Park in the zoo.
We had a bit of excitement on the drive home. Jordan feel asleep and Kaylin was bored, so I let her go sit with Carson and Daniel. Now I know that boys play rougher than girls, but it didn't hit home for me until my sweet little girl turned around to tell me that she had been punched in the nose! It promptly began bleeding (tons!!) and I could just see the panic in her eyes. We got it under control and made it home the rest of the way without incident. I really hope that will be our first and last nose bleed. And I must say, in Kaylin's words - "boys are wild!"

1 comment:

Jamie said...

We have a nebulizer here at home that my SIL gave us, so we got the meds for it and have been doing treatments at home. They seem to be helping. Why does your doc think Maryella has asthsma?