Anyway, we took advantage of the extra help this weekend with Marmie and Granda to paint her new room and move some furniture around. We have 4 bedrooms - ours, Kaylin and Annlee's, Maryella's and one that has functioned as a playroom/guest room until now. Maryella moved into that room and her old room will eventually become the nursery. She picked yellow as the color for her room and Dora as the theme. I wanted to keep mainly a pink and yellow color scheme so that it could grow with her as she outgrew the Dora things. I think it all came together really well. It has turned out to be a really fun room and looks just perfect for our big little girl. Jeff found the Dora wall stickers and lamp at Walmart. We picked a yellow that wasn't too overpowering. And I got to do a little art work on the wall to add a girly touch. Maryella loves it. Here are a few pictures of how it all came together.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
What a Big Girl!
Well, since Maryella moved out of her crib and into her big girl bed, it seemed that maybe she was ready for her full-fledged big girl room. Again, this change was a bit premature. We were planning on doing all of this after Christmas, but it seems to be working out now.
Anyway, we took advantage of the extra help this weekend with Marmie and Granda to paint her new room and move some furniture around. We have 4 bedrooms - ours, Kaylin and Annlee's, Maryella's and one that has functioned as a playroom/guest room until now. Maryella moved into that room and her old room will eventually become the nursery. She picked yellow as the color for her room and Dora as the theme. I wanted to keep mainly a pink and yellow color scheme so that it could grow with her as she outgrew the Dora things. I think it all came together really well. It has turned out to be a really fun room and looks just perfect for our big little girl. Jeff found the Dora wall stickers and lamp at Walmart. We picked a yellow that wasn't too overpowering. And I got to do a little art work on the wall to add a girly touch. Maryella loves it. Here are a few pictures of how it all came together.





Anyway, we took advantage of the extra help this weekend with Marmie and Granda to paint her new room and move some furniture around. We have 4 bedrooms - ours, Kaylin and Annlee's, Maryella's and one that has functioned as a playroom/guest room until now. Maryella moved into that room and her old room will eventually become the nursery. She picked yellow as the color for her room and Dora as the theme. I wanted to keep mainly a pink and yellow color scheme so that it could grow with her as she outgrew the Dora things. I think it all came together really well. It has turned out to be a really fun room and looks just perfect for our big little girl. Jeff found the Dora wall stickers and lamp at Walmart. We picked a yellow that wasn't too overpowering. And I got to do a little art work on the wall to add a girly touch. Maryella loves it. Here are a few pictures of how it all came together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
So can I commission you for some wall art for my kids? That is fabulous, Amy Lee!
Post a Comment