Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Eve

We had a great Christmas Eve! First on our agenda was to make some cookies for Santa. We used Kaylin's easy bake oven and made 4 sugar cookies that each of girls decorated (I took care of Elianna's ;o) The girls were very proud and couldn't wait to see if Santa would like them. We played around the house for awhile and then it was time to get up to the church for the Christmas Eve service. We had a family service at 4:30 where the girls took part in the skit. Those pictures are on my other camera at home, so I'll add those later. After a quick dinner on the floor of Jeff's office, we had the traditional service at 6. After that, we went home and let the girls open the traditional Christmas Eve gift of new matching pjs. Once those were opened and on, the girls put out the cookies and hot chocolate for Santa. I talked them into the hot chocolate this year and it was a hit. Thank goodness! I don't imagine Santa cared much for room temp milk. Yuck! After that, it was time for bedtime stories. Jeff read the Bible story and I read The Night Before Christmas. And then it was off to bed with my tired little sweeties. They fell asleep amazingly quickly for Christmas Eve and I'm sure they all had visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads.



No comments: