Thursday, December 17, 2009

Maryella quotables...

Maryella has been home from school for less than an hour and I've got a couple of funny quotes to share in just that short time.

1. We are having trouble with our refridgerator it seems. It isn't cooling enough. I called Jeff to let him the brand of the fridge so he can call a repair guy. Maryella wanted to call him, so I was having her practice what to say since it was several big words. I told her to say, "Daddy, our refridgerator is Whirlpool." When she repeated it back to me, something got mixed up in the translation. She told me, "Our refridgerpool is Whirlrater."

2. The sky was so gorgeous this morning as the sun was coming up and all the girls were fascinated with it. They took pictures, discussed the colors they saw, etc. Maryella had said she was going to tell her friend at school about it. So when she came home, I asked her if she had talked to Abby about the sky. She said yes and that she told her teachers too. I said something like, "Isn't it so wonderful that God makes the sky look so pretty like that in the mornings so we can enjoy it?" She said, "Yes, God jumped out of my heart to paint it!"

3. The previous observation was followed quickly by a comment that I hope didn't offend God. It did come from a 3 year old, so I really think he probably took it as the compliment it was meant to be... Maryella got very serious and said, "Mama, God is not a poophead. He's so nice."

I'm telling you, I love this kid so much!!!! She makes my life so much brighter! She's certainly provided plenty of difficult parenting moments, but she's such a joy too!

No comments: