It was Literacy Week at our elementary school this week and both Kaylin and Annlee had special activities to celebrate. Kaylin's class theme was "Sock It To Me". They had to pick their favorite book and decorate a sock in the theme of that book. Kaylin picked a Fancy Nancy book and carefully made a very "fancy" sock. (Does anyone else find it difficult to completely turn over creative license with things like this? I was so wanting to "help" but I was good and let her have total control.)
And then today they had crazy sock day. Kaylin wanted knee socks with pompons on them. I couldn't find any, so I got a pair of cute socks and added the pompons myself. Kaylin was pleased. 
Her teacher also invited parents to come read their favorite children's book to the class. I went today and read The Hello Goodbye Window. Kaylin was very excited!
Annlee's class theme for Literacy Week was Fairy Tales. They've been talking about and reading different fairy tales all week long and today they got to dress as their favorite fairy tale character and bring a fairy tale snack. Annlee decided to dress as Snow White and bring magic wands (pretzels dipped in white chocolate with sprinkles on them.) Here she is before school holding one of her magic wands.
At school they had a parade with the other kindergarten classes. It was cute to see them all dressed up, they were all so excited. (The rest of these pictures are from my cell, I can't believe I forgot my camera! What was I thinking?!?!)
Then they had their snacks. Besides the magic wands, they had Cinderella's pumpkin pie, Gingerbread Man cookies, and Snow White's applesauce. 
What fun ways to celebrate a love of reading! I hope my girls grow up loving to read as much as I do!

Then they had their snacks. Besides the magic wands, they had Cinderella's pumpkin pie, Gingerbread Man cookies, and Snow White's applesauce. 
What fun ways to celebrate a love of reading! I hope my girls grow up loving to read as much as I do! 



No comments:
Post a Comment