Tuesday, October 2, 2007

My Auburn Cheerleader


OK, so I come from a strong Crimson Tide heritage. However, I married an Auburn grad. So despite my family's attempts, my girls are growing up as Auburn fans. (Sorry Dad!) And after attending my first college game the other night, I realized what fun it was. Yes, I actually had fun at a football game! I never imagined that I would use the words fun and football in the same sentence, but there it is.
Jeff and I came home so excited about Auburn's victory over the Gators, that Kaylin got caught up in the spirit also. She wanted to wear her Auburn dress to school on Monday. Living deep in Gator country though, I was a little afraid of what some of the kids at school might say. She was determined though, so off she went (with her proud Daddy right beside her). Everything went fine at school, and she loved wearing her dress. I think she's hooked - Jeff has a true little Tiger on his hands.
Up until now, I've tried to remain as neutral as possible about the whole football issue. But you know, I think it would be fun to be a family that really gets into football season. We've even talked about taking the girls to an Auburn home game next year. They are begging to go. So I think I'm officially becoming an Auburn fan. Of course, when Auburn plays Alabama, I may still have to make myself scarce. Pulling for Auburn is one thing, pulling against Alabama is quite another...

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Yeah! Amy Lee has a blog!! Now... where are those pics of us with side ponytails so I can post those... Hmmm....

Amy Lee said...

Heehee! I came across those about a year ago when I was going through some old stuff!

Jacqueline said...

Amy Lee, I feel the same way about football. I've never been a BIG fan, but I really would like to get into it more and anticipate the game each week.... It sounds like so much fun! I'm working on it! Unfortunately, I know we will not be cheering together! GO DAWGS!!!