Monday, April 7, 2008

Spring Break in Alabama!

We just got back last night from spending Spring Break in Alabama. We had such a wonderful time! I've been really anxious to get up there ever since my grandmother broke her leg a couple weeks ago. My mom has been staying at her house, so that's where we all piled up too! What a great week we had! Busy, of course, but so much fun!
Now for the details and the pictures! Are you ready for this - it's a long one!
We drove up on Monday and went to my grandmother's house. We visited for a little while with her.















Then my mom went with us to Alabaster for one night. We saw my dad, Max and Trista and they ate dinner with us. I keep thinking they are going to announce some big "news" sometime soon - but nothing yet! Hey Max and Trista, we're waiting!!!! My girls need some cousins! Haha.

Tuesday morning we went to Lindsey's house in Leeds and met her new puppy, Sophie. She is SO cute! Anyone who knows Kaylin and Annlee very well knows that they are terrified of dogs of every shape, size, and color. They spent the first 20 minutes at Lindsey's house up on the top of her couch. Maryella loved the dog and would make the cutest face when Sophie tried to lick her. Sophie was fascinated with Maryella's ears for some reason and kept licking all over them. It was funny. Anyway, after a while, I got Annlee on the floor with me and within 2 minutes, she was loving Sophie - getting her to lick all over her hands. I then tried to introduce Kaylin to Sophie. Kaylin really didn't want to at first, but we held Sophie and let Kaylin pet her back. She immediately fell in love. For the rest of the week, Kaylin was constantly wanting to take Sophie for walks and pet her. It was great to see all three of the girls loving a dog. (No, we aren't getting one any time soon, though! Our house is full enough at the moment.)














After leaving Lindsey's house, we went to Bud's Best Cookies in Hoover. My mom has been wanting to take the girls for a long time now and this was the first trip that it has worked out. We all had fun, especially getting to eat warm chocolate chip cookies - yum!






After that, it was back to Montgomery for the rest of the week. When I was little, we used to go stay with my grandparents for a week every summer. They always found fun things for us to do, so I was excited about sharing that with my girls. We had a blast "discovering" Montgomery.

Wednesday morning, we went to have Easter pictures taken of the girls. We had tried before at home, but I didn't like the results. This time we went to Portrait Innovations in Montgomery. I told the photographer that Maryella was going to be difficult, but all I was really wanting was one good picture of the three of them together. They normally take 36 pictures and let you choose from those. Well, we got 5. Not 5 good ones. Just 5 pictures. That's all Maryella was cooperating for. After that she was done. But I'm pretty happy with what we got. It turned out cute.

That afternoon, we got to meet my cousin, Summer's, baby for the first time. She's a doll. Her name is Emilee and she looks just like her mama! My girls were loving seeing a baby. Kaylin especially. (No, we aren't getting one anytime soon, though! Our house is full enough at the moment.)






Thursday morning, we went to the Montgomery Zoo. It was the perfect day for it - overcast and a little breezy - not too hot. The zoo has really changed since I was little. It was fun then, but it's really nice now. We loved it.




















Thursday evening, Jeff and I took Kaylin and Annlee to the circus and they had cotton candy. They have always thought of cotton candy as the ultimate treat an dto my knowledge have never had it before now. They were beyond thrilled when we told them they could have some. We got home pretty late that night, but it was worth it. The circus, especially the clown riding the Barbie sized bicycle through a ring of fire, was a highlight of the trip for the girls.











Friday morning, we went to the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts where they have a children's exhibit called Art Works. If you are ever in Montgomery, you must check this out! It's free to get in and they have all kinds of fun stuff for kids to do. The girls could have played there all week long and been perfectly happy. The first picture is a dance screen that the girls were playing in front of. I loved this because I remember it from when my grandparents brought me when I was little.

































That afternoon, the girls played outside at Ma-don's house (my grandmother) in the sprinkler and with bubbles. They were hoping to fit that in while we were there so I was glad it worked out.





































Saturday was a play at the house day and Sunday we drove home. What a great time we had!!! Here are just a few other miscellaneous pictures from the week at Ma-don's house.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

My boys are scared of any size dog too. Tonnie has a small white dog... but he jumps and yaps a lot, and the boys hate that. I wish I could find a small little calm dog to help them get over it! Not to keep... just to help with the phobia... our house is a bit too full right now too! :)