I just have to say how thankful I am for God's protection! I got such a scare when we got home from church last night. I've had a cold for a couple days and my nose has been pretty stuffy. So of course, I'm not smelling much of anything. I was getting the girls ready for bed and I notice Kaylin has a funny look on her face and she's sniffing around. She goes over to her lamp and comments that something smells like it's burning. Well, a little plastic sort of bean bag thing had been put on top of the light bulb and had melted to it. I'm pretty sure it had been there all day, because the girls hadn't been playing in there since early yesterday morning. Thank God it was a low watt bulb and that Kaylin smelled it when she did. I woke up in the night and couldn't get back to sleep thinking about what could have happened if it had stayed there all night. God was watching out for us!
Oh, and now, the lamps from both of their bedrooms are up high so no one can get any ideas about cooking anymore toys. And, of course, no one will admit to putting it there in the first place. But I think my reaction to it scared them all enough that it won't happen again. They were all praying big thank yous to God in their bed time prayers last night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment