Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Kaylin's Glasses!

Look how cute and studious Kaylin looks with her new glasses!

We went last week to get Kaylin's eyes checked because she had been complaining that the words in her books looked too small. Sure enough, the result was that she needed glasses to help a little with up close work like reading and computers. She isn't near sighted, but rather has what is called Accomodative Insufficieny. It's basically the same thing that everyone gets as they get older when they start having trouble with not being able to see things clearly up close (presbyopia). But in people younger than 40, it's called by this other name. Anyway, she got her glasses yesterday (she insisted on the purple frames!) and she says it makes a difference in reading. I'm not sure I could tell a huge difference when I was listening to her read, but maybe she read the wrong word less and lost her place a bit less as well. I'm anxious to see if it makes a difference in other areas! And just because she's so cute, here's one more picture of her doing her homework yesterday...

No comments: