OK, how old is Kaylin???????
This afternoon, Jeff found a piece of scrap paper where Kaylin had written, "Everyone is saying that the Jonas Brothers are hot." We laughed about it and I decided to ask her about it later. Tonight as I was tucking her in bed, I asked Kaylin about it and she grinned and said I wasn't supposed to see that. We laughed about it and I asked her what it meant if someone was hot. She got a bit embarrassed and said, "It means they look cute." I then asked her if she knew who the Jonas Brothers were and she said, "Yes Mama, they are those boys who sing." Imagine that last response said with all the attitude of a teenager. She said girls in her class had been talking about them. Annlee had been listening to parts of our conversation and asked me what it was that Kaylin had written. I told her and then asked her if she knew what it meant if someone was hot. She looked at me funny and said, "Yes, it's like when the sun makes you sweaty." I told her that that was exactly right and started to get up to leave the room. Then Annlee grins and says, "But it also can mean that you are really cool."
Do I have teenagers or are they really still just 6 and 8? I'm not ready for these girls to grow up so fast! Can't we enjoy Barbies and Princesses for a little bit longer. I'm not ready to get into boys looking hot and being cool yet. I thought they were supposed to think that boys still had cooties!
Kaylin was at the store with Jeff the other day and came home so excited to tell me all about the cute black purse that she had seen that had a special pocket for a cell phone. She seemed so grown up telling me all about it. Although I did get a good laugh when she told me that the purse had a little built in wallet that even came with it's own credit cards.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Sierra got a cell phone for her 11th birthday. But she is not into boys yet! A trade off for Tonnie, I would say.
Post a Comment