Thursday, September 10, 2009

Time for More Laughs...

I've got a few "Maryella stories" that I've been meaning to share!

Maryella went to dance the other night and while she is having the time of her life in class, there are a couple little girls who aren't loving it so much. This past week, they were crying in class and afterwards on the way home, I asked Maryella about it. She said, "One little girl named Zoe missed her Mama and Daddy, so she was sad. Another little girl, um, I can't remember her name. Um.... let's call her Ariel, because that's a nice word. Don't you like the Ariel word, Mama? Ariel was missing her Mama too."

We were at a birthay party a couple weeks ago and Maryella had been eating lunch. The other kids had mostly already finished and gone back to playing. Maryella wanted more fruit though, so I put some on her plate. As I put it in front of her, she suddenly realized that she was missing out on playing with the others, so she started walking away, calling to me, "Let's just attend (pretend) that I already ate that fruit, Mama"

Maryella came home from school after her first few days and said that she had made a new friend and they had played and played on the playground. I, of course, wanted to know who this new friend was. She told me her name was Zoe Cancer. Um, ok. I asked the teachers and there is no Zoe in her class (this makes me question whether or not there is actually a Zoe in her dance class also!). There are 2 Chloe's and a Sophie. We think it was Sophie she was talking about, but we aren't sure where the "Cancer" came from!

No comments: